Thursday 18 January 2018

"YOU'LL MISS ME WHEN I'M GONE ....."

...... my mother used to say to me when I was cheeky to her. You know? She's right. I miss her now she's gone.

Some people aren't missed although their awfulness in certain areas of arts, music (Florence Foster Jenkins), literature, science (creationists) and poetry (Coleridge) live on.

One such is William McGonnagal whose reputation and fame far exceed his poetic ability.






William Topaz McGonagall (March 1825– 29 September 1902) was a Scottish weaver, poet and actor. He won notoriety as an extremely bad poet who exhibited no recognition of, or concern for, his peers' opinions of his work.

He wrote about 200 poems, including "The Tay Bridge Disaster" and "The Famous Tay Whale", which are widely regarded as some of the worst in English literature. 

*****************************


Robert has gone again. He has once again deleted his blog. This has happened before but usually he just deletes all his posts. Either way his posts which variously include his bizarre views on creationism, science, religion, history, the role of commercial cleaners in society and his home-grown poetry are lost forever.

I think I miss him.





4 comments:

  1. It was your fault for encouraging him to walk around naked. He has probably been arrested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, better tell him not to drop the soap in the shower then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd better get posting. There is only you(s) and me around here now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm watching invisible for the moment. Find me if you can."

    No, no, I'm good.

    ReplyDelete