Sunday 5 November 2017

BRIAN STRONG




The problem with being retired and not earning is not having that discretionary spending for some of the nice things in life - at at least not being able to buy things on impulse. We have to plan what we want well ahead and save towards it.

I'm really pleased we bought the Brian Strong work above Land and Water Study 1 (2004).
It's beautiful and really well framed on a floating mount - I've done some of these when I owned a framing gallery and never managed to do it as well as this.

Strong says:


"Our New Zealand landscape is the constant provocation and inspiration behind my paintings. In recent work, the landscape is composed in such a way that it gives us several images within the space of the painting"





I love his paintings like these:

600 x 527mm


481 x 304mm

But sadly they are too expensive for us to buy



1 comment: